Friday, July 11, 2008

Still no air

Quick Note: Did you know that today is National Service Station Day (7-11)? hahahahaha

Yeah, yeah, I know. Ysabella has already looked at me crazy. Some people just don't enjoy a good joke.

So our saga is still in play. Mommy has been cussing a lot in the last two days. The air-conditioning people didn't show during the 2-hour window they scheduled. Mommy called to see where they were and was told the tech was running an hour late. So Daddy left the house and Mommy took off work to wait for the tech. The tech arrived between Daddy's leaving the house and Mommy's arriving. No phone call, no nothing.

So Mommy called again and again. Daddy even called. All they got was voicemail. So Mommy called this morning, bright and early (I was in her lap when she did it.) The woman who answered said "that's just the service industry". This did not go over well at all. Mommy said it was a good thing they were on the phone cause if she'd been looking at the woman when this was said, then Mommy would have hit her in the mouth and just caught a case.

This is so unlike Mommy. She doesn't get mad like this. Just last night she was changing my diaper. I thought I was finished. As she was swapping diapers, I took a poop right there on the bed. Some of it got on her leg. She didn't hit me. And this morning she was changing my poopy diaper and got me all cleaned, then when she swapped the diapers, I peed on her. Mommy just took a deep breath. Then she kissed me.

So Mommy got her home warranty folks back on the phone and had them re-assign her air-conditioning unit to a different service tech. She let the home warranty folks know just how completely upset she was. Mommy is very upset. She almost cried from the stress of it all.

Grandmama is ready to be back home. Living in a hotel is hard on her. She pretends it's not. But she is tired. Ysa and I are not tired. We are full of energy. We went to bed around 11p. We woke at 3:30a. Grandmama fed us and changed us. We went back to sleep around 4a. We woke again at 6:30a. Grandmama fed us and changed us. I woke at 8:15a when Mommy's alarm went off. She played with me while she got dressed for work. Then Ysa woke about 9a. We stayed up. Nap time is around 11a. Then we get up to play with Daddy before he goes to work. So we'll get up around 1p and stay up until 3p. Mommy tries to help Grandmama. So does Daddy. But none of them are sleeping well.

Mommy said she'll take me and Ysa out somewhere on Saturday and let Grandmama get some rest.

No comments: