Mommy went back to work yesterday. It was weird not having her here with us. Grandmama was fun, but we missed Mommy. Mommy doesn't let us cry a lot. (Ysabella says she doesn't let me cry a lot since she hardly ever cries.) Anyway, Grandmama took care of us and we played with her and napped and ate and played again. Grandmama says we were very good.
But I knew Mommy would feel bad if we didn't act like we missed her. So when I heard the door opening, I started crying --a lot and loud. Mommy dropped everything as she came in the door and rushed to pick me up and soothe me. I let her for a little while. Then when she tried to eat dinner, I cried again. I cried so much that I almost went hoarse from the yelling (it takes a lot of energy to pretend to be sad). She stopped eating and picked me up. It was nice.
Mommy, wanting to be fair, spent a lot of time with Ysabella after I went to sleep. Ysabella says they read poetry. She really liked "The Mist and All" by Dixie Willson. But she said the very best poem was by Andrew Lang.
I'd leave all the hurry,
the noise and the fray
For a house full of books
and a garden of flowers.
1 comment:
Xay and Ysa you are really changing. Maybe Grandpoppy Oscar and I will see you sometime soon. I really miss my little cutie darling and my little rosebud.
Luv,
Auntie
Post a Comment